Special issue on Latin America
International Journal of Advertising
Reminder: Call for papers: Special issue on Latin America Submission deadline:
15 November (abstracts)
1 March 2016 (full papers)
Over the next few years, Latin America has been predicted to be the fastest growing region of the world in terms of advertising spend (WARC 2014). Yet, despite rapid growth and change, only a few studies in general marketing, and even fewer specifically in marketing communications and advertising have examined this region or drawn upon data derived from Latin American countries (Fastoso and Whitelock 2011).
This special issue aims to address the scarcity of region-specific research. The explicit objective is to increase our understanding and identify unique characteristics of marketing communications in the region. In line with the scope of the journal, empirical and concep- tual papers in relation to all aspects of advertising and marketing communication from a Latin American perspective are welcome. As such, papers could focus on, but are by no means limited to, examining the following topics:
- Views of marketing communications by practitioners, academics and policy makers in Latin America.
- Social media and (electronic) Word-of-Mouth in Latin America.
- Cross-cultural and comparative studies, e.g., across Latin American countries, or incomparison to other countries/cultures.
- Unique forms of advertising or promotional practices originating from or in thecontext of Latin America.
- Regulatory and ethical concerns and responses regarding marketing communicationpractices in Latin America.
- Symbiotic relationships between Latin America and expatriate communities inother parts of the world in terms of marketing communications.
- The state of cause-related advertising, green/environmental and social marketing-related advertising and marketing communications.
- Social identity, stereotypes, sex and gender, portrayal of other groups, values,culture or appeals in Latin American advertising.Other topics are also welcome. All submissions should be explicit about their applica- tion to, or drawing upon data derived from Latin America.In line with the journal policy, all submitted papers will be double-blind peer- reviewed. Submission is electronic through http://www.editormanager.com/i-j-a.Please follow the style guidelines available here http://bit.ly/17L6Pxm. All manu- scripts must be in English. For all queries related to this special issue, please contact the guest editor directly.
The time path of the special issue is as follows:
- 15 November 2015, submission of 500 words abstract for screening by the guest editor.
- 20 November 2015, decision on the development of full paper.
- 31 January 2016, submission of full paper and review.
- 1 April 2016, reviews and editorial decision communicated to authors.
- 31 July 2016, submission of revised papers.
- 1 October 2016, final decision on papers.
- Fastoso, F., and J. Whitelock. 2011. Why is so little marketing research on Latin America published in high quality journals and what can we do about it?: Lessons from a Delphi study of authors who have succeeded. International Marketing Review 28, no. 4: 43549. doi:10.1108/ 02651331111149967
- WARC. 2014. Latin America gains ad share. http://www.warc.com/LatestNews/News/Latin_Ameri ca_gains_ad_share.news?IDD33662 (accessed March 2, 2015)